**The National Gallery of Modern Art brings NAIMISHA 2021- a unique art fiesta for children & adults**
**“Art is the response of man’s creative soul to the call of the real”**- Rabindranath Tagore
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought with itself a tide of inexplicable events, lockdowns, a spur of negativity, and abundant free time, especially for children.
Children, always bubbling with energy and excitement find it difficult to stay indoors for long, away from the fun and frenzy of the playground, from the bustling school corridors and close friends.
For the first time, in several years has such a situation arisen and children and parents stand clueless. As managing, work from home, household chores and online classes get difficult for parents, they struggle to keep their kids at home and happily engaged. Thus, here comes NAIMISHA 2021, a unique art fiesta for children and interested adults to the rescue.
**What is NAIMISHA 2021?**
The National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi is organizing an online summer workshop to provide children with a platform to create and engage with the arts. In this, a virtual museum space is created through the online summer program named NAIMISHA 2021 to spark the participants’ imagination.
**Duration**: The month-long program commencing today will go on till 13th June 2021.
**Why is it organized? (Purpose)**:
The online summer workshop and other events have been planned and organized by the National Gallery of Modern Art under the Ministry of Culture with the aim to bring forth and polish the creativity and interest of children in visual and other related arts.
The primary idea behind conducting and designing online interactive programs is to provide children and interested adults with a creative outlet to express themselves in an aesthetic way.
**What’s in store at the NAIMISHA 2021?**
The entire event has been beautifully conceptualized and designed to keep children and adults happily engaged in a series of interactive activities and events in which they get the opportunity of having fun while they learn from the best mentors and teachers.
– The finest artists have joined the program as mentors, thus adding zest to the unique pedagogic carnival.
– Workshops on painting, sculpture, printmaking, videography, puppeteering and other related arts have been designed to help the participants create and engage with the arts.
– A curated film festival for the participants will be streamed by the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) NAIMISHA portal from NGMA’s private collection.
– An engaging storytelling session is also planned for the participants.
– A special performance by one of India’s finest artists will be held on every Friday.
– In the opening week, maestro Saskia Rao – de Haas, an iconic cellist and composer along with her fifteen-year-old son, who is a gifted pianist is expected to regale the participants.
– An exhibition of the selected artworks from NAIMISHA 2021 will be displayed on NGMA’s website and SO-HAM, the cultural media platform of NGMA for public viewing.
This will give participants a platform to display their talents and brew recognition.
Further details related to the activities at the workshop will be made available on NGMA’s official website and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SoHam page.